Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Enlarging Your Veiw Of God

As Christians, we all need to enlarge our veiw of GOD.

Here's a question: What if we focused on how BIG GOD is, instead of how BIG our problems are?

As I look around everything I see has been created by GOD. I see my family, the trees, the sun, ect... and then I start thinking about all of the Galaxies and how all of space is far beyond our reasoning. Then I relize that GOD is so BIG and amazing that HE knows all of the stars by name and he has all of the hairs on my head numbered. This goes to show that HE is BIGGER than all of my worries and problems.
It is so Awesome to think about how GOD is indescribable and all powerful HE is and then try to figure out what I did to deserve HIM.... but the thing is I haven't done anything to deserve HIM. None of us have! There is nothing that anyone could ever do to deserve to have the eternal connection with GOD, but GOD'S desire is for HIM (the Creater) to have and connection with ME and YOU (the Creation). Since this is HIS desire HE cares about us and is always there. HE knows my pain and HIS spirit dwells in me. This is the part that makes GOD my desire... if HE is this Amazing, Indesrcribable GOD (the Creater of all) then, why shouldn't HE be my desire? Knowing this just makes me want to GLORIFY HIS name even more.

The first thing we have to do is realize how great our GOD is. Then we have to think and know that GOD allows things to happen and limits the pain and know that our problems are so small compared to how BIG GOD is. GOD is always in control and so therefore we need to try to focus on the BIGGER picture (his plan). We are required to endure it (2 Corinthians 1:4). Doing this is the hard part. Sometimes it is so hard to hold my head up and keep pushing, but in the end i know that I will have been purified like gold is purified in the fires that will burn away that which is impure and meaningless, so that the GLORY of GOD will shine through me that much more
(Job 23:10).

No comments: