Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Storms Of Life

There have been those devotional stories and poems of actual storms, but more about those storms that rage within each of us. My favorite poem I have ever read is Step Into My Storm, which when reading it made me realize God doesn't always end storms at the drop of a hat. He has a way ...
of just stepping into the storm and speaking peace when the time is just right. The storm may be raging all around, but He keeps us safe. The storm may be raging inside, but He speaks peace and calms the storm. I wonder why God allows thinds to happen. I'm always wondering if God causes thingss to happen because of something I might have, or might not have done. I often wonder was this punishment, or just a test that He was allowing to happen. As I think of those thoughts, I of course immediately think of the recent natural disasters, and all the talk I have heard whether this was, or wasn't the wrath of God. I have heard all the discussions as to whether God caused this, or simply allowed this to happen. I personally believe that God does allow, not necessarily cause things in nature, as well as in other places to happen. I believe our God is a merciful, kind, and loving God. He doesn't enjoy seeing His children suffer. Today as I pray for this storm to pass, I think God wants me to learn to stand and face this storm head on. I know Jesus is standing in the shadows watching,waiting to step in if the waves get to high, or the wind blows to hard for me to handle. My God didn't cause this storm to reform, He still loves me and doesn't enjoy seeing me suffer. If He sees I can't stand strong and return this storm to the raging sea from which it came, He is sitting on ready, to step right in and speak His peace once again.God, step into my storm. Let a great calm return.


Mark 4:39
And He arose and rebuked the wind and said unto the sea ;Peace be still, and the wind ceased and there was a great calm.


Step Into My Storm
Some storms are but a small gust of wind.
Some storms can great turmoil send.
Some storms are mild and meekSome storms devour all they seek.
God brings lightning ,thunder, rain-God stops loneliness, confusion, pain.
God can end any storm at will-God need only say "Peace be still".
I speak not of storms of rain and such-I speak of storms with a deadly clutch.
I speak of storms from which you cannot hide.
I speak of storms churning deep down inside.
Man has no power over storms great or small-Man has no power over much of anything at all.
Man can only look up and ask God to step in-Man can only ask God's power over storms within.
Ask not for God to make your storm to cease.
Ask not for God to give you an easy release.
Ask God to step into your storm - give Him all control-Ask God to speak His peace deep into your soul.
-Judy Parker

2 comments:

Treehousegirl said...

Good Job...I am proud of you.
But God does CAUSE storms, not just allows them. The Word says that He causes the storm for Jonah, that He causes calamity and destruction. He is a God of mercy, but also a God of wrath. And we ALL DESERVE wrath-for what we have done. It is only grace that allows us to have the good. So whatever good there is-it is because of grace. Everything else-we deserve.

Anonymous said...

Meagan, My prayer is that you will always have a passion for God! It's been an exciting journey watching you grow spiritually and physically. Remember God is the peace speaker in the midst of any storm.