Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yakima Washington - Week 3

Week 3 in Washington has been one of the most amazing weeks of my life. God is teaching me and showing me so much. Blowing me away each and everyday, I have constantly been reminded that I serve an AWESOME God!

As I am walking through this phase of my life, I am learning a little bit more of the challenge of what it is like to follow God. God is always at work. Sometimes we can sense what God is doing, and then other times we aren't so sure. I have been asking myself over these past couple of weeks, "What is God doing?" "What is He doing in my life?"

Isaiah 64 reminds us that we are the clay formed by the hand of the potter. God is the one who builds, shapes, molds, and really defines who we are... if we let Him. Sometimes when I am unsure of the mold God is making me to be, I have to remind myself that I need to be clay on God's wheel.

In Psalm 127 I am reminded that God is the builder and we are his workers. It's important that our foundations are built on Christ and Christ alone - Focusing on Jesus Christ alone and putting Him first and foremost in my life.

Our complete and total dependence is on God. John 15 talks about the vine and the branches. God is the gardener, Jesus the vine, and us the branches. I love this passage. It makes some great promises and reminds us that God's desire is that we bear much fruit. It shows how our total dependence is on God. It also encourages us to pray because God answers and it speaks about the the need of God's pruning work. When God prunes the vine it's always for growth. Pruning is uncomfortable, change is tough - but our responsibility is to ensure that the pruning is God led and not man led.

There may be many times in our lives when we're not sure what God is doing. Our challenge is to let God be God. For as we do this, I am confident that God's purposes will prevail - Proverbs 19:21 - as we allow Him to shape, build, and prune us for His glory.

No comments: