Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yakima Washington - Week 2

Yakima, Washington... another part of my journey through life. These first almost two weeks have been absolutely AMAZING! God always seems to just amaze with the way he plans and works things out. I have learned so much since I have been here already, many things that I didn't even expect to learn. The cool thing is that I still have about 8 more weeks and I am so excited to see what else God has in store.

I couldn't have asked for a better person to serve with. Kinsey has been such a blessing and I have really enjoyed getting to know her. Kinsey has such a sweet spirit about her and she is always so encouraging. We are so much alike in more ways than one, but yet we work off of each other's differences. We have been learning so much off of each other too, which is really cool.

Southern hospitality has definitely followed us here! Everyone that we have met has been so welcoming and friendly. We have had people donate beds, food, and families have also been feeding us dinner. It's awesome to see all of the many ways that God provides and I am so thankful for everyone who has given.

The youth here are great! I have enjoyed every minute so far that gotten to spend with them and getting to know them. They really are an awesome group of students and I can't wait to see all that God does within the youth group this summer. We have a lot coming up activity/event wise so I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

It's crazy that in two days I will be a fifth of the way finished with this trip. As I see these ten weeks quickly passing by, I can't help but think that August 7th is going to be here before I know it. I will soon be back with my family and starting back school, but I also can't help but to think that this time is passing too quickly. We often forget how short life is and that time passes away with every breath we breathe.

No comments: